Registered Nurse Intake Coordinator - Home Care, Full-Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by facilitating admission/ access to HF Homecare services by coordinating the admission process.
- Adheres to all Health First Inc. and HF Homecare Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews appropriateness of services with every referral.
- Closes out non-admit referrals per policy.
- Utilizes knowledge of regulatory (JCAHO, AHCA, CMS) as it applies to the admission process.
- Maintains knowledge of clinical applications (such as SCM, Horizon Homecare, Curaspan).
- Coordinates admission process by facilitating communication between physician, insurance companies, pharmacies, staff and other ancillary services.
- Evaluates staff workload with input as needed from PI Supervisor, and assigns referrals as indicated. Assigns field staff to patient.
- Assures that pending referrals are updated with written documentation.
- Responds to community information calls as needed.
- Participates in weekend/holiday rotation for referral/office coverage.
- Coordinates the care of the patient through the admission process and advises Inter-Disciplinary Team of patient admission needs.
- Assigns appropriate staffing level to referral.
- Coordinates case management with insurance company representatives to ensure eligibility for services and pre-authorization of care as required by insurance company to facilitate payment of claims.
- Other duties as directed by supervisors/managers.
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing, BSN preferred.
Preferred minimum of 1-year Home Health Nursing experience since OASIS inception.
Current AHA CPR certification.
Current licensure in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse.
Two years acute care experience as a RN.
Preferred knowledge of Medicare/JCAHO Regulations.
Preferred knowledge of ICD9 / ICD 10 codes and Medicare/Medicaid admission criteria.
Criminal History Screening.
Excellent Typing/Computer skills including Word and Excel.
Current Florida Driver’s License, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
Excellent communication skills.