R&D Staff Engineer, Electrical
About the Job
Why Thermo Fisher Scientific?
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research to clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and meaningful impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join the team with unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges from the fight against COVID-19 to Zika to many others.
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-515pm
Location: Marsiling, Singapore (5-10 mins walk from Woodlands MRT / bus interchange)
Reporting: Manager, Electrical Engineering R&D
How will you make an impact?
The individual will be responsible for the overall concept, architecture, design, development and implementation of device electronics for laboratory instrumentation for life sciences. Primary duties include design and development of mixed-signal, power electronics based multi-layer PCA, as well as electronics system integration and project execution. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of hands-on experience in bringing an electronics instrumentation product from concept to mass production release.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with proven relevant experience.
Overall Experiences required: 9-13 years
- Must have extensive experience with analog & digital electronics, power electronics, schematics capture & layout design (including library design), cable assembly design, and design documentation.
- Must have experience with embedded systems, DC/stepper motor drivers, opto-electronics, CMOS/CCD control electronics.
- Should have experience working across multi-disciplinary design teams e.g. Firmware, Software, Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and testing teams.
- If you have worked in the field of biotechnology instrumentation, it will be highly desirable.
- NPI project execution experience and familiarity with Product Development Life Cycle will be desirable as well.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and failure analysis a must.
- Broad knowledge of state-of-the-art components, lab tools, and electronics CAD products is required.
- Knowledge of EMC countermeasures to Class B levels
- Hands-on experience in AutoCAD, Orcad, PADS, or Altium.
- Meticulous and tenacious self-starter