R&D Sr. Manager, qPCR OpenArray Development &Support
About the Job
Job Title: R&D Sr. Manager, qPCR Open Array Development &Support
Req# : 126476BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pleasanton, CA | Genetic Science Division
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts.
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
What will you do?
- The Genetic Sequencing Division is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Sr. Manager to lead the OpenArray qPCR System Product Development and Manufacturing Support team. The successful candidate will lead Engineers, Molecular Biologists, and Bio-chemists in the Development of qPCR based applications as well as support the OpenArray manufacturing team. The candidate should have experience mentoring others, relevant experimental skills, and a broad understanding of Biochemistry. The ability to foster effective collaborations across functional teams including R&D, Software, Product Managers, Manufacturing, and external partners is essential.
- Independently manage and coach a team of 3-4 R&D scientists to develop and optimize qPCR content and QC Methods on the OpenArray platform.
- Mentor direct reports in effective Development and transfer activities and in collaboratively working with Operations to creatively troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Perform qPCR assay optimization experiments in molecular biology laboratories, using statistical tools (DOE, MSA, etc.).
- Develop analytical testing protocols, prepare project reports, and present study designs and results in PowerPoint to the project team and upper level management.
- Support On-Market products with strong “customer-first” mind set.
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and project priority shift effectively and efficiently.
How will you get here?
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field, 10+ years of industry experience and clinical product development.
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods)
- Experience with methods for extraction of DNA and RNA from microbes and viruses (manual and automated sample prep methods). Candidate must have a general understanding of microbiology.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis methods and interpretation. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to create molecular biology protocols and train others to strictly adhere to all steps
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.