R&D Scientist I, Cell Biology - Carlsbad, CA
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As part of the Research and Development (R&D) team within the Protein and Cell Analysis business, you will develop new products that empower our customers to discover and gain a deeper understanding of how cells work and enable research in cell biology, immunology, oncology, and infectious disease. We utilize the latest innovations in dyes and instrumentation, combined with a growing antibody portfolio to expand the capabilities of flow cytometry, western blotting, and imaging.
If you can picture yourself in a dynamic and empowering environment where your contributions will have a direct impact on life science research and where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your career, we encourage you to apply to join our team!
What will you do?
- Validate and support the commercialization of new reagents for flow cytometry
- Independently design experiments and conduct basic troubleshooting
- Maintain mammalian cell culture, working with both primary cells and cell lines, including the preparation of human and mouse primary immune cells
- Manage multiple experiments concurrently to meet product release timelines
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across R&D to support product development
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the team, as assigned
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 0-2 years of laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience performing flow cytometry experiments using fluorochrome-conjugated antibodies is highly desired
- Familiarity with FlowJo analysis software highly desired
- Familiarity with preparation methods for human and mouse primary immune cells is desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to independently design and execute experiments and conduct some basic troubleshooting
- Must have strong time management skills and be highly organized and flexible to meet changing priorities
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and be capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team to support a positive work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.