Transcriptionist Medical I- San Juan Capistrano, CA req67634
About the Job
Transcriptionist Medical I- San Juan Capistrano, California - Sunday to Thursday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Responsible for transcribing specialty dictation from all members of the medical/clinical staff via recorded dictation and sorts/files copies of transcribed reports. Performs other clerical duties as required.
1. Primarily responsible for transcribing gross description and may transcribe microscopic diagnosis and other clinical information into LIS
2. Make corrections/edits to reports, as per Pathologist instructions
3. Provide verbally, STAT and malignant results to clients, as applicable
4. Obtain patient clinical history, as applicable
5. May participate in training of new staff members
6. Prepare outside consultation cases for send-out to client, as applicable
7. Maintain Send-out/Consultation log, as applicable
8. May select pathologist QC cases (PASR)
9. May assign CPT codes, once required training is completed and documented
10. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct problem or immediately notify general supervisor, technical supervisor or director
11. Understand and follow all applicable standard operating procedures for job-related responsibilities, to include Pathologist Electronic Signature Guidelines SOP
12. All other duties as assigned
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Knowledge of Medical Terminology
3. Strong Data Entry skills
4. Good clerical, organizational, phone and communication skills
5. 0-3 years transcription experience