Supv Forensic Processing- Lenexa, KS req59492
About the Job
Supv Forensic Processing- Lenexa, Kansas - 5:00 AM - 1:30PM
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
Supervise functions within Forensic Processing department
Responsible for overseeing the following activities, daily operations of Forensic Processing, all compliance training, training of personnel, monitoring Quality of the department(s), monitor and improve productivity. Ensure maintenance of a safe, ergonomically sound, professional environment. Know and understand all functions of the department.
- Responsible for daily operations of department.
- Responsible for Sendouts, Accessioning. Test In Question and some Client Service functions
- Oversee safety, ergonomics, maintenance, and cleanliness of department (including upgrades, repairs, etc.)
- Propose Standard Operating Procedures for Forensic Processing in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines and implement updates.
- Reviews Forensic Processing Standard Operating Procedure Manual on an annual basis and ensures departmental compliance. Identifies need for revisions and/or additional SOP's as indicated.
- Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's offices.
- Ensures all Laboratory QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
- Ensure all employees meet Compliance Guidelines and Competency Testing.
- Monitor incoming workflow from Logistics and make necessary changes to ensure adequate supply of specimens to technical departments
- May supervise packing and shipping of specimens to other laboratories, in accordance with IATA regulations.
- Ensures integrity of specimens sent to other facilities meet the criteria necessary to provide accurate and timely results.
- Monitor special handling accounts to ensure there are no mishandled specimen(s)/patient requisitions.
- Establish and motivate a participative work environment that actively encourages and supports employee involvement.
- Disseminate all essential information in a timely manner, using various forms of communication to all departmental staff.
- Track/enter time/attendance of employees.
- Prepare month-end reports and monitor production data.
- Investigates/resolves and responds in a timely manner to internal and external customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
- Prepares schedules for department employees, maintains adequate coverage for department
- Oversee and ensure adequate supply inventory for department.
- Ensure continuous process improvement and/or standardization initiatives are implemented in accordance with established deadlines.
- Participate in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees.
- Responsible for coaching, development and supervision of staff.
- Ensures all employees receive adequate training and meet annual competency requirements
- Monitor on-going performance of employees; provide corrective action and counseling as required. Prepare and administer annual performance appraisals
- Ensure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
- Participate on Six Sigma projects and Process Improvement Teams, or other initiatives to meet business unit objectives.
- Organize and lead projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. Meet all deadlines assigned by manager. May be required to give presentations within business unit.
- Effectively work with Technical departments to resolve problems. Must have the interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments, and foster continuous improvement.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of clients, technical departments and employees in a professional manner
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to adjust schedule to meet business unit requirements, which may include extended hours.
- Must have the mental alertness and high energy required to appropriately perform job.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Work effectively in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Monitor and provide safe work environment, prepare incident reports and implement preventative measures
- Act in a professional manner at all times.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
- AA degree or a combination of education and experience. 3 years experience in a laboratory.
- PC skills, MS Office applications.
- Medical or production background preferred
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]