Sr Rep Accts Payable- Collegeville, Pennsylvania
About the Job
Sr. Rep Accts Payable - Collegeville, Pennsylvania - M - F
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Coordinate and expedite the processing of payment documents submitted to Accounts Payable by directing daily workflow for a huge accounts payable operations responsible for approximately 65,000 transactions per week valued at $65 million at the nation’s largest lab and diagnostics company - Quest Diagnostics located in Collegeville, PA.
· Support Group Lead with routine functions in an effort to aid in the development/enhancement of leadership skills, augment existing technical, analytical and processing practices to prepare for job advancement.
· Foster a mentoring relationship with the entry level Representatives - providing guidance, structure and on the job training on current accounts payable practices.
· Coordinate daily workflow to meet required volume quotas for payment processing, correspond with customers, and facilitate scheduled reoccurring payments.
· Prepare Access templates for uploading invoices and summary bills into PeopleSoft.
· Analyze vouchers in error status and determine appropriate course of action to correct them.
· Analyze vouchers in match exception and work with Procurement, Materials and Suppliers for appropriate resolution.
· Evaluate and communicate identified problems and resolutions to Supervisor.
· Act as liaison between Accounts Payable and assigned customers to resolve Accounts Payable general ledger related questions as well as routine payment, statement and unresolved supplier issues.
· Monitor, research and reconcile items on supplier statements.
· Ensure supplier accounts are current and accurately reflect liabilities.
· Review and research supplier refund checks, apply general ledger coding and submit for deposit.
· Process payments to suppliers via PeopleSoft Financials utilizing invoice, check requests, expense reports and other payee documentation.
· Review/analyze supplier statements detailing account activity, terms and amounts due, contractual agreements and other remit data to ensure the completeness, accuracy and proper valuation of assessed payments.
· Interact/Correspond effectively and courteously with various levels of management, strategic suppliers, business unit executives and various other customers.
· Coordinate inter-departmental activities to ensure the adequacy of payment information for A/P processing (Procurement, Real Estate, Human Resources, Materials Management, Employer Solutions, International).
· Complete documentation and perform procedures to set up vendors for payment.
· Participate in training and strategic planning sessions for process improvement, as well as other project related teams.
· Assist in system testing for process enhancements and system upgrades.
· Research uncashed checks to determine if funds are due, export details and upload into Freedom Tracker for escheatment purposes.
· Participate on integration/centralization teams, providing support to new employees, approvers and suppliers
· Maintain Supplier Masterfile and supporting tax and banking documents.
Job Specifications: Education and Experience required
· High school diploma (Associate’s Degree preferred).
· Required minimum of two years accounting and/or accounts payable experience.
· Demonstrated proficiency in the utilization of Excel spreadsheets, utilizing functions and pivot tables.
· Knowledge of word processing and database applications.
· High level of customer service skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Skilled in PeopleSoft Financials application or comparable accounting system.
· Perform effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to multitask with keen organizational skills.
· Must be tenacious towards accuracy and detail.
· Exercise judgement regarding the priority of payments.
· Decide on the validity of outstanding issues and determine corrective measures as deemed appropriate.
· Analyze and redistribute payment documents based on accounts payable functional areas.
· Resolve problems for the various internal business units and external vendor population.
· Analyze payment documents to ensure all standard operating procedures are being adhered to.