Senior Staff Pathologist- Schaumburg, Illinois
About the Job
AP/CP Pathologist – Chicago, IL
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
· FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
· Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
· Forbes® Global 2000
· Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
· Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
· S&P 500
· Barron’s 500
· Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
· Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
· Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
· Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
· Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
· Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
· Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
· Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
· Deliver Innovative Solutions
· Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
· Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
· Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Seeking an AP/CP Pathologist to join a team of 8 Pathologists. Our hire will be dedicated onsite at Thorek Memorial Hospital and will have responsibility at Methodist Hospital of Chicago and the Quest Schaumburg Lab. The core work surrounds Tissue Cases.
Pathologists with GI, GU or Cytopathology Boards are encouraged to apply.
· Medical Doctor, Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
· Certified for area of specialty or Eligible in one of the following: GI, GU or Cytopathology
· Active unrestricted licensure for IL
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Physician and Executive
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.