Laboratory Mgr- Orangeburg, SC req63264
About the Job
Laboratory Manager- Orangeburg, South Carolina - Monday to Friday
*Eligible for $8k sign on bonus and relocation*
The Laboratory Manager has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and staff members in the laboratory. Responsible for performing duties so as to operate the lab with the highest quality safety and integrity, and in an efficient, economical and businesslike manner are of utmost importance.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work in the laboratory. Serves as liaison with other areas as needed.
- Mentors and supports direct reports, i.e. Supervisors, QA Specialists and Safety Coordinators in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programs as necessary.
- Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs and supervises activities of the Quality Assurance Specialist. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
- Oversees staffing of all personnel in the laboratory. Effectively maintains quality staffing by interviewing, hiring, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
- Identifies future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Submits appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
- Reviews test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines.
- Manages test database. Ensures departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
- Coordinates R&D activities as it relates to operations and actively participates on subspecialty committees, corporate committees, and business unit committees as needed.
- Develops annual budget and manages department costs and resources to adhere to budget.
- Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone calls or other means of communication.
- Defines, coordinates and monitors EHS programs and supervises activities of the Department Safety Coordinator. Ensures EHS regulatory standards and safety procedures are followed. Oversees plans and preparations for inspections.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years laboratory experience with at least 4 years of direct supervisory experience in the clinical or anatomical pathology laboratory.