QC Scientist I
This role requires flexibility to work in the Afternoons and Weekends.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
This position supports the Quality Control Laboratory by performing analysis on finished products or raw materials using compendial and corporate procedures and Good Laboratory Practices. The position requires the ability to utilize and maintain instrumentation (e.g. Karl Fisher, HPLC, GC, IR, UV/Vis, TOC, Dissolution Apparatus) in order to provide release data.
- Test raw materials, in-process, finished product, and stability samples, meeting deadlines, and following an assigned schedule according to standard testing hours.
- Accurately document all tests/test materials/equipment used and all results obtained in a timely manner.
- Work in accordance with approved methods, SOPs, and cGMPs while performing tests.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Notify Laboratory Assistants/Reference Standard Co-coordinator for reordering of supplies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
How will you get there?
- Minimum College Diploma in Chemistry or Technical College Diploma in Food and Drug Technology or related field.
- Preferably one to three years of experience.
- Theoretical knowledge of analytical chemistry instrumentation (e.g. Karl Fisher, HPLC, GC, IR, UV/Vis, Dissolution Apparatus) and analytical techniques.
- Solid computer experience including Lab software, MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.