Mgr, Dev & Operations - Golf Apparel
Puma North America Inc. Carlsbad, CA
About the Job
- In collaboration with BU, drive strategic business and sourcing initiatives, i.e. lead time reduction, quick response programs and supporting the implementation of new product innovation.
- Support deadline adherence to work with Design and PLMs to support on-time delivery of necessary input which is needed to start creating Tech Packs by Source Development team. Notify/red flag issues that arise and organize catch up with people involved when needed,
- Represents sourcing at PUMA Golf HQ to act as extended arm of Source Development team at Puma HQ throughout the entire development process, particularly when Source Development team members are not present.
- Identify issues upfront that may prevent product sourcing objectives from being met. Including cost targets, quality standards in construction and materials, ease of manufacture, etc.
- Partner closely with Design, Tech Design, Material Development and Product Line Management in the seasonal brief to buy-ready process.
- Facilitates to support respective Line Manager during regular conference calls with stakeholders from Design to PLMs
- Participate and represent Development throughout the design and development process.
- Analyze and effectively report development issues to PLM, Design and Sourcing.
- Actively participate in product meetings & fit sessions -identifying key issues regarding pricing, garment details & workmanship. Facilitate communication with sourcing office.
- Creates style/article count overview after each key milestone
- Organize and participate in digital and/or on-site development meetings and trips as required.
- Depending on future global travel situation, travel internationally for up to two weeks at a time, some domestic travel is also required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field along with a min of 6+ years' experience in an apparel development, sourcing and manufacturing position.
- Credible experience applying apparel construction techniques, development costing, and overall manufacturing processes.
- Strong knowledge of performance fabrics & various printing techniques
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/seasons at various stages of the development process at the same time.
- Proven ability to meet required deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a solution -oriented approach.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office/Adobe Illustrator/PRM applications.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, proficiency in other Microsoft and Adobe application
- Must enjoy Excel trackers, catching mistakes, calendar creation, data accuracy and integrity, organization and product development.
- Ability to effectively manage and challenge different organizational situations, people and processes.
PUMA supports over 14,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: email@example.com