- Work with product managers and engineering leadership to understand technical requirements and success metrics to design system architectures and implementation paths.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Participate in mentoring a diverse team of high-performing, junior to mid-level engineers through peer reviews, pair programming and other practices.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, sharing and belonging.
- Design, code, debug, and problem-solve with internal and external team members on a wide array of services and tools.
- Create a track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and blockers, and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's in Software Engineering or related field with 5+ years practical experience, or a minimum of 7+ years of real-world, practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and migrating or transforming legacy systems to modern microservice architectures.
- Professional knowledge and experience in at least two of the following areas: Web Frontend, Database Architecture, CI/CD, Network Design, Container Orchestration.
- Track record of designing and developing resilient, highly available systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with product owners and stakeholders.
- 2+ years experience designing and developing modern application architectures (i.e. containerized microservices or micro-stacks).
- 2+ years practical experience with NodeJS applications (TypeScript experience a plus).
- Practical experience running applications using Container Orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes).
- Practical experience with database systems such as PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Familiarity with load-balancers, reverse proxies and routing rules.
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.