When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon India is now Great Place to Work-Certified™. Epsilon has also been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com/apac or our LinkedIn page.
Powered by the industry’s most advanced loyalty platform, our Loyalty team makes lifetime connections for brands the world over. Focused on platform delivery, the team is equipped with best-in-class technology, unmatched data expertise and identity resolution capabilities. Our connected suite of products and extensive APIs enable us to support any loyalty strategy - from straightforward to the most complex. Our team of passionate loyalty practitioners and leaders love innovating and bringing unique ideas to life.
Why we are looking for you
- You have experience in software development in Oracle SQL and PLSQL
- You excel at leading a team of technical leads and developers to success
- You have a strong experience in software development lifecycle
- You enjoy new challenges and are solution-oriented
- You like mentoring people and enable collaboration of the highest order
What you will enjoy in this role
- Design, Develop and support customer facing loyalty platform for a leading multinational financial services company
- Lead an agile development team, designing, building, implementing and supporting database applications for a leading multinational financial services company
- Collaborate with a large, globally distributed, cross functional team of engineers
- The open and transparent environment that values innovation and efficiency
- Exposure to and build expertise in industry leading customer loyalty solutions platform
What you will do
- Design, develop, and unit test database applications in accordance with established standards
- Provide technical leadership to a team of database developers through coaching and mentorship. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Work in Agile framework
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Pre-empt risks and create gates and checks in code merge/ deployment/release in a CI/CD framework.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Collaborate with business analysts, development and QE teams to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain database applications.
- Plan and track the development and release schedules, proactively assess and mitigate risks
- Build teams, hire the best talent with right dynamics. Foster a result oriented, performance driven culture by setting clear goals, career paths, core
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members
- Demonstrates leadership both within and between teams
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of non-production and production issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or have equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of IT experience in Oracle database development with 2+ years of experience in providing technical leadership and coaching of a team size of minimum 4 people.
- Excellent skills and hands on experience in developing Oracle PLSQL scripts including Triggers, Functions, Packages, Procedures, Views, etc,
- Strong experience with performance tuning of SQL queries
- Demonstrates a good understanding of data modeling
- Strong expertise in analyzing and resolving issues
- Experience with using tools like Git/GitHub/BitBucket, VSTS etc and knowledge of SCM concepts
- Experience working in a globally distributed fast-paced agile teams
- Work individually with engineers and help them with correct time estimation and scoping of tasks
- Must be able to mentor team members and partners to accomplish project and departmental goals and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment
- Exposure to design, build and deployment of cloud-based applications in AWS or Azure
- Exposure to programming languages such as Shell scripting, .Net and Java
- Exposure to digital marketing domain