About the Job
We're looking for humble but ambitious, solution-oriented professionals, who are decisive and aren't afraid to experiment. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games and in particular PUBG. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who question the status quo.
PUBG Corporation seeks a Tools Programmer to develop solutions for the Unreal Engine 4 development infrastructure at our Madison, WI office. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team creating map and game content for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, as well as supporting various development units at the company.
- Create clean, efficient and well tested code
- Design and implement editor features for Unreal Engine 4
- Working closely with artists, animators, and designers to create tools that improve workflows
- Work closely with game teams to drive automation and help eliminate technical debt
- Simplify, improve, and create solutions to maximize team efficiency while minimizing development downtime
- Identify and resolve production pipeline issues and discover opportunities for process improvement
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- 3+ years experience in game programming
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Demonstrable previous work in professional game development, having at least one shipped title
- Previous experience implementing tools for mid-to-large scale game development.
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Python, bash, or similar.
- Unreal Engine experience
- Detail oriented
- Familiar w/ Git, SVN, and Perforce
- Experience with game development pipelines
Following is a plus:
- C++ 11 coding experience in the video game industry
- Familiar with PUBG
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar
- Has successfully worked on a PC title (TPP or shooter)
- Korean language fluency
- Competitive compensation
- 100% paid premiums for family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- 100% paid HRA to cover out of pocket medical expenses
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 4% employer 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Reimbursement Budget of $300/year
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Reimbursements
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen when in office
- Free garage parking in downtown Madison, WI
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year
- Supportive and fun company culture
Don't forget to include a resume, cover letter, references, work samples (and/or GitHub) and anything else you'd like to create to help us understand why you're the best candidate for this position! In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.