Psychologist PhD - NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital
About the Job
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Radiology. Learn more about NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Psychologist PhD.
In this role, the successful candidate works under direct supervision of the Manager/Supervisor of Outpatient Pediatrics Psychology Services. Primary responsibilities are the provision of psychological/neuropsychological assessment and interventions for patients and their families on the outpatient pediatrics services.
- Provides neuropsychological/psychological assessment and cognitive and/or psychological interventions as directed by the Manager/Supervisor of the service. Ensures that all outpatient pediatrics clinical services delivered adhere to regulations and standards set by federal, state and city agencies. Participates in supervision for testing and treatment interventions as directed by the Supervisor.
- Assists with orientation of new trainees. Assists the Manager/Supervisor (or designee) to provide on the job training in areas of direct patient care, rehabilitation psychology methods and techniques and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides supervisory oversight of neuropsychological/psychological assessments and treatments by trainees as directed by the Manager/Supervisor of the service. Ensures that all outpatient clinical services delivered by trainees adhere to regulations and standards set by federal, state and city agencies.
- Assists with implementation of new initiative within the service as directed by the Manager/Supervisor and evaluation of the ongoing efficacy of these program initiatives. Assists the Manager/Supervisor in clinical interventions to reduce errors or delay in outpatient pediatrics service delivery, ensures safe patient discharge and well being of patients.
- In collaboration with the Manager/Supervisor, assists in planning, developing and implementing educational programs to advance clinical expertise of staff and trainees. Attends departmental educational in-services, workshops and professional conferences to maintain and upgrade current knowledge in field. Shares new knowledge with the staff.
- Ensures accuracy in documentation and billing for psychological services rendered on the service. Monitors consistency between psychological/neuropsychological services rendered and treatment prescribed. Ensures that documentation and billing is done in a timely fashion. Ensures compliance with quality control is maintained.
- Functions as resource for other interdisciplinary team members on the outpatient pediatrics service.
- Confers with physicians and other intra-disciplinary staff regarding direct patient care.
- Completes statistical data required of clinical services delivery as requested by Supervisor.
- Maintains a high level of professional behavior and adheres to departmental policies re: attendance and punctuality.
To qualify you must have a Doctoral Degree in Psychology (Ph.D. or Psy. D).Current license as a Psychologist in New York State. Four (4) years post internship. Prior clinically relevant experience in rehabilitation psychology. Prior experience in working in an outpatient pediatric setting..
Required Licenses: Certified Psychologist License - NYS
Prior clinical experience in rehabilitation psychology. Prior experience in working in an outpatient pediatric setting. Post doctoral fellowship in related area of rehabilitation psychology.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.