Project Manager, Supply Chain Planning
About the Job
Job Title: Project Manager, Supply Chain Planning
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This role is a part of our Customer Channels Group.
How will you make an impact?
Develop and implement programs to improve Customer Experience by collaborating with Suppliers to enable IT integration solutions. Provide leadership for the achievement of goals and objectives through the application of strategic planning, continuous improvement strategies, and effective management of projects.
What will you do?
- Identify opportunities and execute Supplier Projects to increase the % of business with connections enabled to improve customer experience (e.g. enhanced EDI Integrations, Real Time Inventory Visibility API service call Globally, etc.)
- Work directly with IT team(s) to prioritize resources, develop, test, and implement Supplier system connections.
- Quantify and measure results versus expected benefits and react to trends to ensure performance expectations are being met.
- Leads and participates in team and cross functional programs to ensure accountability by documenting action items and effective communication of meeting minutes.
- Provide leadership and direction to support team by leveraging company’s process improvement values (e.g. Practical Process Improvement 8 steps, Project A3s, Root Cause Countermeasure A3s, Daily Stand Up discussions, etc.)
- Makes formal/informal presentations to provide updates on project progress to the team and stakeholders as necessary.
- Execute process enhancement initiatives to improve Supplier order to cash process as discussed and agreed to with the Supply Chain Planning leadership team (e.g. Customer Promise Date Improvements)
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to improve processes, identify opportunity areas, uncover root cause and drive sustainable corrective action
- Help in identifying future strategic efforts to remaining competitive as customer’s expectations evolve or change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years in related business field; Supply Chain Management, Project Management, or Information Technologies).
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and have general project management experience.
- Ability to interact in a team environment with a customer-focused approach and aptitude for continuous improvement serving internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
- Strong background of project management with full cycle of responsibilities.
- Proven effective organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage with minimal supervision.
- Role model leader adhering to the Thermo Fisher values (4 I’s).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Project management skills to initiate, plan, execute, and control/monitor successful projects.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management discipline.
- Strong ability to Communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Background in IT technologies that enable system to system automated information sharing.
- Use of applications needed to manage projects using established templates (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.