Project Manager, Asymptomatic Testing Solutions
About the Job
Job Title: Project Manager, Asymptomatic Testing Solutions
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Remote | Genetic Science Division
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts.
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
What will you do?
- Our Genetic Sciences Division based in South San Francisco is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications.
- The Asymptomatic Testing Solutions team is focused on developing product, technology, and service solutions that can enable the world to successfully manage pandemics, such as COVID-19, minimizing both negative health and economic outcomes.
- The team is dedicated to working across all Thermo Fisher Scientific genetic analysis platforms and diagnostic products, as well as identifying external partnerships (e.g., M&A, OEM, etc.), to develop products/solutions for key market verticals/ stakeholders across the globe The product portfolio and pipeline include both RUO and IVD products, and will include self-manufactured, OEM, and 3rd party products, technologies, and services.
- The Project Manager will focus on: facilitating the successfully implementation of ATS solutions with strategic customers and commercial business partners; driving the operational efficiency and financial performance with key commercial business partners over the contract period; and flawless project management of engagements related to product, technology, and/or service business engagements (e.g., licensing, partnerships, co-marketing agreements, etc.).
- The Project Manager will collaborate closely with ATS Program and Project Management team and functional stakeholders within ATS and Thermo Fisher to support the effective deployment and operational execution of ATS solutions.
- Management of in-flight programs and projects to deliver flawlessly execution.
- Manage complex programs and projects, delivering on scope, schedule, and budget commitments.
- Provide Project Management for Commercial Business Partner solution (combination of Thermo Fisher and external business partner(s)) implementation – from design to validation.
- Provide ongoing Project/ Operational Management of Commercial Business Partner engagement to achieve business and end customer objectives.
- Provide Project Management of new product development (product, technology, and/or service partners) diligence and/or solution design engagements (e.g., licensing, OEM, partnerships, etc.)
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree required in science, engineering, businesses, economics or related field. PMP certification preferred. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in program, project, and/or product management with a focus on diagnostic/ genetic testing and/ or creation of product, technology, and service solutions.
- Strong presence; capability to influence and promote enthusiasm via excellent communications skills.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives. Experience with infrastructure projects involving IT and Manufacturing is a strong plus.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization.
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills.
- Ability to forecast and track results.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.