Product Specialist - Laboratory Equipment
About the Job
About Australia & New Zealand
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites scattered across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth. Our scope covers life sciences, specialty diagnostics, food, dairy & beverage, environmental & industrial, healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.
How will you make an impact?
From providing specialist product expertise and technical support to develop key customer relationships and achieve sales metrics and business growth targets. Whilst operating in a highly competitive market environment, the role has responsibility for direct and indirect sales, in field sales support of the broader sales team, internal and external presentations, increasing market share and achieving annual sales targets.The core products supported by the role include Cold Storage, Clean Air Cabinets, Centrifugation, Ultra-Pure Water Systems, Bioinstrumentation, Cell Culture Incubation, Autoclaves.
What will you do?
- Working closely with new and existing clients to determine their present and future needs and proposing suitable products, services and upgrades in order to maintain and grow revenue for the organisation.
- In conjunction with the Sales and Portfolio teams, contribute to the development of sales and marketing strategies for the product group including the identification of new business opportunities so that profitable portfolio and business growth is achieved.
- Partner with other Product Specialists and field sales to identify new business opportunities and close sales.
- Gain a strong understanding of the customer's requirements and application needs on a technical level so as to ensure the most suitable solution is being proposed.
- As required, liaise with Product Management to ensure inventory and product forecasting targets are met and customer/marketing expectations are achieved.
- Provide sales and technical support to both field sales team and customers and where required assist in first line technical application & support, escalating to technical support group where needed.
- Help to resolve customer technical issues to high customer satisfaction.
- Attend regular sales meetings and communicate sales issues to the field sales team.
- Work with internal marketing and product managers to prepare marketing collateral, advertising campaigns and competitor analysis.
- Maintain an accurate opportunity funnel for all assigned product, including closure dates and completed sales process.
- Maintain a forecast for the assigned product on a monthly basis, reviewed as determined by the Product Manager.
- Diligently maintain a record of customer visits and interactions using the CRM platform salesforce.com.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or related discipline is essential
- Sales professional with experience in a technical sales role.
- Technical understanding of product and markets.
- Strong understanding of the Sales process with demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Scientific and commercial expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships with staff, customers and suppliers and pass on required knowledge, gaining their confidence and co-operation.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise based upon key result areas, and to manage time effectively meeting agreed deadlines.
- Initiative taker with the ability to work autonomously, and display an enthusiastic, energetic & positive attitude.
- Ability to identify and be involved in cross marketing opportunities within the adviser client bases.
- Results orientated with strong problem solving skills.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximise business opportunities, profitability and customer potential.
- Work in a collegial, customer focused and motivated team.
- Work within a strong culture of process improvement with lots of great tools.
- Access to global systems training and a network of highly qualified and experienced colleagues.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities on the job and through our own on-line Thermo Fisher University.