Procurement Assistant III
About the Job
Solenis is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 41 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of approximately 5,200 professionals in 120 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com |Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 5,200 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
- Place purchase orders to suppliers shipping finished goods directly to NA customers. Make changes to POs and their sales orders as delivery dates, quantities are changed by customers and sales. Enter SIRS Incidents if customer complaints are made about materials shipped from third party vendors. Pursue responses from vendors concerning the incidents that address root cause
- Ensure confirmations received back from vendors with expected shipment date. Provide feedback to CSRs and Sales with any concerns or issues that arise affecting shipment date. Use reports sent to them 3 times weekly to pursue missing confirmations
- Ensure freight arrangements are handled by vendor or Logistics provider. For expedites from vendor, ensure vendor and Logistics provider are working to meet customer deadline
- Perform Goods Issues once BOL received and pursue BOLs not sent by vendors in time for end of month. Use reports sent to them 3 times weekly to pursue missing goods receipts
- Send various documents to vendors (labels, SDS) and pursue delivery-related documents (COA, POD, CCI) as needed
- Bachelor's Degree from university, college or technical school, or equivalent experience and training.
- Inventory Management experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment is essential
- SAP purchasing experience
- SAP experience and Computer Literacy is essential (SAP, Microsoft Word& Excel)
- Strong communication skills and ability to Multi-Task,
- Safety Oriented, Self-Motivated Individual
- Excellent Attendance Record
- Must be able to work in a team environment with production personnel, and management
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701. #LI-Pf1