Join a great team and work in a great location in Cheektowaga, NY. Our site is an air-conditioned plant, competitive pay, generous shift differential, and benefits too. We are looking for help on 2nd shift and 3rd shift.
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. We provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Impact, and Involvement.
Shift: 2nd shift is Monday through Friday 2:45PM to 11PM. 3rd shift is Sunday night to Friday morning 10:45PM to 7AM.
Wage Range: $16.00 to $18.00 depending on experience. 2nd shift differential is $1 per hour and 3rd shift differential is $1.50 per hour.
Come join ProAmpac who is one of the largest suppliers of consumer packaging products.
ProAmpac offers a full benefits package!
- Paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Lunch breaks
- 11 Holidays!
- Plant Bonus Program
- 11 paid holidays
- Safety shoe allotment
- Generous employee referral program
- ProAmpac’s Employee Assistance Fund, and much, much more.
- Assists the Rewind Operator to slit (cut) film to conform to customer specifications.
- Assists in the setup of the rewind machines to cut and rewind to specific customer requirements.
- Assists in preparing jobs that are to be run on the rewind machines.
- Reviews upcoming orders in the Rewind department with the operator, analyzes information, and coordinates efforts to follow the proper procedures and complete the jobs in a safe and timely manner.
- Prepares jobs being run on the Rewind machines by placing materials on skids next to the Rewinder to ensure a continuous run.
- Consistently follows all safety procedures and inspects work to ensure the quality of the products meets customer requirements.
- Wraps finished rolls and moves rolls to shipping/receiving for timely shipment to the customer.
- Works with the Operators to complete production reports and necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for organizing and cleaning the Rewind area.
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with three-digit numbers using units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Strong ability to read a tape measure.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills to communicate effectively with Assistant Rewinders, Rewind Operators, and Production Supervisors and Leads.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers or fellow employees.
- Ability carry out detailed written or oral instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
- Mechanical aptitude and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Positive attitude.