About the Job
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Interlude Restorative Suites - Fridley is seeking a Social Worker to join its Transitional Center team. This position is scheduled Monday through Friday and reports directly to the Clinical Administrator (DON).
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
Interlude Restorative Suites
520 Osborne Road NE
Fridley, MN 55432
Interlude Restorative Suites is an exceptional 50 bed transitional care unit that has a very quick turn-around with a clinical and rehabilitation program. Interlude combines expert post-hospital medical care with a comfortable spa-like environment to create a place to recover, refresh and renew. With the focus on hospitality, Interlude offers a comfortable and welcoming environment for you to work. As a part of Presbyterian Homes, Interlude is dedicated to bringing the best professionals together in order to provide excellent care to older adults. If you are looking for a beautiful environment with the chance to grow your profession while helping those to recover from an injury or illness, Interlude is the place for you.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Located on a bus route
- Off-street parking
The Social Worker is responsible for implementing resident services for residents consistent with regulations and established best practices. The Social Worker provides support through resident/family advocacy, ongoing assessment and evaluation, service coordination and care planning. The primary focus of this position is the quality of life of residents to assist them in achieving “their best day”.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a bachelor’s degree in a human services field.
- One year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- Current licensure as a social worker in state in which he/she practices if required by state law.
- Prior experience working with seniors and their families in senior housing, service or health care related environment preferred.
- Experience in geriatrics or health care related environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in problem solving and networking within the site and community.
- Excellent assessment and documentation skills.
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social community service delivery systems preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and other common computer programs.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS' mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Rated #1 employer in Minnesota by Forbes!
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. Nearly 7,000 employees serve 27,000 older adults through 49 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. In 2019 PHS also became co-owner of Genevive, a progressive model of primary care, care navigation and value-based services for over 5,300 older adults in Minnesota. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.