Practice Respiratory Therapist - Long Island Lung / Bay Shore / Full-Time 40 hrs/wk M-F
About the Job
1. Performs comprehensive respiratory assessment.
* Utilizes assessment data to determine patient’s actual or potential problems.
* Performs Pulmonary Function Studies as per physician’s order.
*Performs Exercise Oximetry in order to assess patient’s need for Oxygen as per physician’s order.
* Collaborates with physicians on patient’s plan of care.
* Works with homecare companies to obtain Oxygen, non-invasive ventilators, portable ventilators, vests and nebulizers for patients as per physician’s order.
* Administers oxygen and nebulizer therapy as per physician’s order and department policy.
2. Responds to cardiopulmonary emergencies and renders care as per ACLS/BCLS standards.
3. Provides patient/family with respiratory therapy education, as ordered.
4. Completes departmental paperwork as specified for each assignment completed and assists with inventory control.
5. Adheres to established infection control protocols and fire safety protocols.
6. Performs related duties as required.
Licensed Respiratory Therapist