Dover Free Standing Emergency Room provides fast, convenient care to people in the Dover, NH community. We are staffed with board-certified emergency room physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Conveniently located at 10 Central Avenue in Dover, NH and directly off Exit 7 of the Spaulding Turnpike, this 10,000 square-foot facility is constructed with the surrounding population’s needs in mind.
Dover Free Standing Emergency Room:
• 11 Private emergency exam rooms, including a fully equipped Trauma Room
• Access to the state’s only ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center
• Fully integrated EMS communications system to support short patient wait times
• Available on-site Imaging (CT Scan, X-ray and Ultrasound Imaging) and state-of-the-art instrumentation for full diagnostic laboratory testing
• Telemedicine capabilities with specific focus on stroke and behavioral health
• Separate pediatric waiting area and dedicated pediatric treatment rooms
• A supportive culture motivated on fostering teamwork and educational opportunities
• Be a part of Portsmouth Regional Hospital! Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
• Be a part of HCA (Hospital Corporation of America)! HCA, is the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services.
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN demonstrates independence in planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with the NH Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
Upon hire it will be determined and agreed upon by employee and director which area of Emergency Department the employee will be required to work:
- Fast Track/Minor Care
- Emergency Department
- Competency from infant (birth – 1 yr) through and including geriatric (65+) for general medical care, trauma and critical care)
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Fast Track/Minor Care (lower patient acuity)
- Performs assessment /reassessment according to Emergency Department standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed in the Emergency Department and associated nursing care
- Recognize and respond to changes in a patient’s condition
- Demonstrates knowledge of normal anatomy and physiology of system(s) being assessed based on chief complaint
- Provide safe medication administration for the Emergency Department patient
- Performs triage and interventions for employee illnesses/injuries according to standing orders for Employee Health
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
Less than 1 year
Emergency Room experience preferred
2 year/ Associate Degree
NH Licensed Registered Nurse or valid compact state RN license.
PALS—within 6 months of hire
Other: TNCC within 2 years of Hire
NRP within 1st year from hire date
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.