Software Developer (System/Application Integrator)
About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience to our customers. As a Software Developer (System/Application Integrator) within PNC’s ACFR organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
The position is with the Risk Management Technology team responsible for compliance, tax reporting and insurance applications. The position involves internally deployed vendor applications, the opportunity to deploy vendor applications in a cloud environment, and the work necessary to integrate with other PNC applications
We are seeking a Software Developer with experience deploying and managing vendor applications in a Windows environment. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining current deployed applications, deploying and testing new vendor releases and integrating the vendor application with PNC’s core systems.
Specific skills with integration technologies such as Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange are necessary. Knowledge of SQL and scripting technologies are also necessary for integration and troubleshooting issues.
Responsibilities will include:
• Install vendor specific (3rd party) software in a cloud based environment and lead the testing efforts after installation.
• Work with the Line of Business to complete functional testing for new releases and patches.
• Develop new ETL processes and debug and improve existing ETL Processes using Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange.
• Code and write complex queries in SQL and/or PL/SQL in either a MS SQL Server or Oracle database environment, utilizing a firm understanding of the underlying data.
• Participate in all relevant stages of an application development team’s SDLC (Agile or Waterfall) process and contribute strongly in each phase in the software developer role.
• Provide 3rd tier production support for software issues and determine root cause.
• Interpret complex business and data requirements over various applications
• Complete unit and integration testing, working with various Business analysts and testers, and using a defect management tool such as HP ALM.
• Communicate results, findings, and other project related information in sound and clear/concise written and / or verbal communication.
• Develop a solid understanding of the business processes and key terms and business functions in order to actively engage other team members
Technical/developer skills required:
• Informatica or equivalent knowledge of ETL
• Database Querying Languages: SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL
• DevOps Skills for managing and deploying software
• Experience with Change Management tools (Service Now or BMC Remedy)
• Experience with Scheduling tools (CA7)
• Secure Data Management (PII, Data Migration)
• Experience with Cloud Computing
• Knowledge of Web Services and Microservices
- Develops, tests and implements software solutions.
- Designs software solutions to address business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.