About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Software Architect within PNC's Retail Architecture Shared Services organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH. Your responsibilities will cross the industry disciplines of solution, application, data, integration, and business. You will be required to interact with technology teams in order to deliver innovative solutions built on our next generation architectures. You will be required to interact with business and technology partners, setting direction, gaining consensus and leading our technology organization.
Your hours will typically be 8-5 Monday through Friday. In your role, you will draw upon your leadership experience in order to drive others. Self-direction is required. You will also work closely with architects and developers to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the existing or planned framework for each project. You will be required to understand complex systems and the interactions with other complex systems as well as the architecture competencies we will grow within the team.
You will develop long-range strategies based on technical trends and business forecasts. PNC’s commitment to leadership means you will always be at the leading edge of technology/business practice. All the while, you’ll enjoy visibility to senior technology and business sponsors, as well as a number of service partners and vendor partners.
• Working background in various architecture disciplines
o Cloud, Application, Solution, Enterprise, Application, Data, Information, Security, Mobile
• The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail/results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and strong work ethic
• Highly motivated self-starter and an evangelist for "doing things right" with a passionate desire to understand and deliver high quality solutions that meet customer needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional experience desired (not required)
• Experience with Cloud Native Architecture
• TOGAF, BIAN, SEI
• SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
• Experience with CICD technologies such as Jenkins, GitHub etc.
• Experience with Java/.NET modern web applications
- Participates in defining functional designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
- Participates in the assessment of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
- Participates in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
- Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.IT Architecture – Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.Platform Architecture – Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Service Oriented Architecture Technologies – Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.