Architect/Principal Software Engineer
About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Architect/Principal Software Engineer within PNC's Enterprise Technology Innovation organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Do you have a vision for how financial services can improve people's everyday lives? Are you skilled at making what could be a reality, instead of iterating what has been? Are you entrepreneurial, with an action-disposition? As a member of the Enterprise Innovation team you will develop edge technologies through pattern-matching to craft and test compelling, usable and productive solutions for our users. Blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning, microservices architectures and IoT are within our solution set, as well as agile development, product management, design thinking and human-centered design approaches. You will thrive inside a dynamic work environment that empowers your ability to explore emerging technologies, changing the way financial industries do business and driving the education of this ever-changing market.
Primary job responsibilities:
• Provide technical solution for the team's proofs-of-concept, prototypes and eventual end products or solutions.
• Prior experience in fast-paced multi-disciplinary Agile development team with focus on helping the team to thrive in culture of delivery, trust, openness, respect, and reliability
• Experience in emerging technologies and frameworks
• Team up with PNC Bank stakeholders, third-party partners, fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
• Regularly take abstract, early-stage product or solution concepts, and build them with technology.
• Work along a strong design thinking team, and be an expert in using technology to advocate for the customer.
• Facilitate software ideation and design sessions to rapidly identify solutions, align stakeholders and drive timely and achievable results.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
• Experience in highly collaborative environment
• Proven success facilitating software design and ideation sessions
• Prior experience in Agile development team with strong knowledge of design principles, best practices, CI/CD, and be comfortable with startup-type project where requirements are not fully defined upfront
• Motivate team and facilitate technical discussion with goal to cultivate technical excellency, quality, and result-oriented manner
• Good understanding in concept with hands-on experience in modern technologies, including but not limited to digital products, microservices, cloud computing, container-based architecture, high performance and resiliency systems, DevOps engineering, automation, TDD, BDD, CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery)
• Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, multidisciplinary, start-up type environment using Agile-based application development methodologies
- Provides detailed technical design and development of software solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Proposes & designs software solutions to address complex business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.