Whiteline Express, Ltd. is a truckload carrier with headquarters in Plymouth, MI. It was founded in 1983 to provide value added services for our affiliated companies. Since that time, we have continually grown to include terminals in Plymouth, MI, Jackson Center, OH, Medina, OH, Alsip, IL, and Champaign, IL.
The cornerstone of our service strategy is to provide strategic advantage to our customers. And as an EPA Smartway Partner, Whiteline Express is committed to technologies and processes that reduce our carbon footprint while protecting the environment for future generations.
We are currently look for Customer Service Representatives for our Plymouth, MI office. This position will provide complete Customer Account management pertaining to any and all customer issues including communication of Customer Accounts issues and proactive communication of customer capacity, as well as soliciting freight where needed.
- Enter orders
- Schedule appointments for entered orders via phone, email, or Customer websites
- Follow up on loading and delivering of orders / Track & Trace
- Monitor detention times on pickup and delivery of orders
- Obtain billing / accessorial information for orders as needed
- Monitor Customer trailer pools
- Understand and monitor committed customer lanes and volumes
- Accept, reject, and update EDI data
- Track, post and communicate service results
- Index and image orders and related customer service materials
- Plan areas to match available freight with available trucks
- Post available trucks needing covered and loads needing to be brokered
- Make phone calls necessary to solicit freight or cover available loads
- User Customer tracking websites
- Monitor, call, email, process freight solicitation boards
- Complete daily checklists and turnover ensuring all work is complete
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required. Associate Degree preferred.
- One to two years of related customer service experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of geographical areas across the United States.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge transportation software to process orders and enter data, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task.