Principal Technical Operations Engineer
About the Job
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Principal TechOps Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A proactive contributor who can utilize your existing skill set in Networking, Cloud Computing and Windows Administration to assist both local teams with access and networking issues and perform on-call duties responding to emergencies and outages in a crisp responsive manner. You are a loyal individual who will have direct input into how we strengthen and secure our on premise and cloud environments.
• Work directly with development teams to support their daily needs in delivering software for our customers.
• Design, configure and maintain current and future cloud and on-premise based systems and networking configurations.
• Be willing to be on call and responsive for Production related issues pertaining to TechOps dependent solutions.
• Be familiar with and proactive in understanding the network linkages we have with other Pitney Bowes sites and AWS VPCs.
• Proactively and independently investigate new technologies as they relate to our existing SaaS solutions.
• Work with Development and Database Operations teams to migrate solutions in AWS.
As a TechOps Engineer, you have:
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Linux system administration.
• Working knowledge of AWS cloud solutions and a strong understanding of industry practices implementing secure IAM and VPC based solutions.
• Scripting abilities in some or all of the following: Python, BASH, Coffee Script, Ruby.
• A strong familiarity with cloud native solutions, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
• Specific experience administering and/or designing and building environments in AWS and administration through automation (Ansible).
• Strong networking understanding if not direct experience with DNS, Subnets, routing, security groups, whitelisting, firewalls and various networking concepts.
• AWS certification of some level or specialty
• Direct experience with Ansible and software defined infrastructure.
• Direct experience with Docker, K8S and CICD pipelines including concepts such as variable abstractions, secrets management, service mesh and other cloud native concepts.
• A strong understanding of SSL, OAUTH, TLS, IAM Roles, and general security best practices.
• Expert level skills in administering Linux operating systems.
• Experience migrating on-premise solutions to cloud.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.