About the Job
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Data Scientist for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about the excellent customer experiences and client success.
• Enjoy innovating and collaborating with others on meaningful projects.
• Strive to achieve results outside the box and exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
You are a Data Scientist at Pitney Bowes. You will thrive on directly impacting the business by utilizing your applied analytical innovation skills to uncover and ddevelop unique market solutions. You work with a senior team that delivers with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. In this role, you’ll join our Commerce Cloud Data & Analytics team and report to the Manager of Data Science.
This position will sit full-time in Stamford, CT or Shelton, CT.
• Assist in the development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate potential future outcomes.
• Apply established analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses. Methods will be implemented using standardized tools and techniques.
• Embrace a measurable and repeatable analytics delivery model with proven industry methodologies and tools.
• Encourage team members to probe into technical details that leverage your unique experiences. You will mentor others to do the same.
• Anticipate and solve strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
• Provide guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap in the areas you are assigned to.
• Interact with internal and external peers and stakeholders to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
As a Data Scientist, you have:
• Experience in Ecommerce, Retail, Financial, Insurance and Telecom industries with B2B, B2C and SMB market segments.
• Consulting background with modeling and programming.
• Must have at a minimum 1-4 years of experience in SQL; other programming languages. Predictive modeling experience, machine learning, and big data technologies such as Python, R, Hadoop.
• Familiarity with web/clickstream analytics tools (Amazon Retail Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.) is preferred.
• Familiarity with geospatial analytics is plus.
• Familiarity with M2M/IOT Analytics is plusDemonstrated intellectual curiosity with a passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Ecommerce industry, products, systems, business strategies and products.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization.
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com).
Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud Data & Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful products to our external and internal customers, by building analytically-based solutions that integrate a wide range of internal and external large datasets.
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!