A Registered Nurse is a professional who provides patient care based upon the nursing process; being effectively involved with maintaining the standard of care for assigned patients through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The Registered Nurse shall oversee and guide employees that are under his/her supervision. The Registered Nurse actively supports and promotes the Centers Philosophy and mission statement. The Registered Nurse is under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
This position is for a per diem position and hours will vary depending on staffing needs.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Has a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State
- Current CPR certification and current ACLS certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in the Center. Must demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the Centers policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common injuries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of basic mathematics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills in the nursing process.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, co workers, and other health team members.
This is an abbreviated job description.