Supervisor of Pre-Access Services
About the Job
Under the direction of the Manager, this position is responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day activities of the department. This position maintains appropriate staffing levels and monitors the daily productivity of the staff to ensure the timely completion of pre-registrations, insurance verifications and authorizations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Actively participates in overseeing and guiding the department staff to include employee selection, training, development, performance evaluations and discipline.
- Is the subject matter expert, assists the Pre-Access Specialists in calculating deductible, co-pay, lifetime maximum, pre-existing condition restrictions or other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Acts as role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate and professional behavior and motivates staff to provide excellent, patient-focused service.
- Builds relationships and maintains ongoing positive communication with patients, staff, DES, physicians and payers to provide information and/or resolve issues.
- Identifies opportunities for departmental process improvements.
- Oversees the daily operational activities of the department and assumes responsibility when Manager is not available.
- Attends and actively participates in staff and interdepartmental meetings.
- Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital edicational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels and demonstrates commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Plans and schedules work for the group ensuring proper distribution and completion of assignments. Maintains staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Provides information for reporting by compiling department statistics, generating productivity reports, performing QA audits to assess accuracy and compliance, and monitoring KPI's.
- Responds to patient fluctuations and assists staff in daily needs; performs the duties of a Pre-Access Specialist, as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.