Registered Nurse - Now Hiring
About the Job
Posting Note: PCH offers a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, tuition assistance, 401K with company match, flexible spending/health savings accounts. Relocation assistance is also offered, if applicable.
Under the supervision of the Director of Patient and Family Centered Care, the Manager is responsible to provide day to day management and oversight of The Emily Center, Patient Education and One Darn Cool School. The Manager is responsible for the planning, development and execution of strategic objectives for departments and programs assigned. Accountable for demonstrating a commitment to providing high quality patient care and service through positive leadership and total quality management. Manager will serve as a resource to patients, families and staff, as well as collaborate with organizational leaders to enhance the educational resources available and provided to patients and families. Maintains standards for professional practice and regulatory compliance and is responsible for daily operations, budget management, staffing, patient safety, customer service and performance and improvement efforts.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Human Resource Management
- a.Evaluates staffing patterns and needs for assigned departments and services; matches staff competency with patient needs
- b.Manages human resources within the scope of labor laws and hospital policies.
- c.Applies recruitment techniques and strategies to fill vacancies
- d.Applies individual and team interview techniques to select qualified applicants
- e.Conducts staff evaluations, assists staff with setting goals, implements continual performance development, initiates corrective actions and terminates staff as needed
- f.Ensures staff have the appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines
- g.Ensures licenses and certifications are current for all employees in the department
- Performance Improvement
- a.Collaborates with director to plan, implement and evaluate improvements to operational workflow and processes
- b.Assesses customer and patient satisfaction; develops strategies to improve the patient and family experiences
- c.Identifies key performance indicators for departments and programs, establishes data collection methodology; evaluates performance data; responds to outcome measurement findings; complies with documentation requirements
- d.Leads process improvement huddles
- e.Monitors and reports safety events; participates in root cause analysis; promotes evidence-based practices; manages incident reporting; promotes patient safety
- f.Monitors and promotes workplace safety requirements
- g.Maintains survey and regulatory readiness by ensuring completion of key monitoring and audits. Leads policy and procedure, guideline, protocol efforts within the unit/organization as assigned.
- Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- a.Manages conflict; identifies issues that require immediate attention and applies principles of crisis management to handle situations as needed
- b.Promotes team dynamics; mentors and coaches staff and colleagues; applies communication principles.
- c.Role models professional behavior; applies motivational theory; acts as a change agent; assist others in development problem solving skills; fosters a healthy work environment.
- d.Promotes professional development; promotes stress management; applies principles of self-awareness; encourages evidence-based practice; applies leadership theory to practice.
- e.Actively promotes internal and external communication
- Clinical Leadership
- a.Maintains clinical skills and expertise to support the needs of clinical education and health literacy
- b.Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments
- c.Ability to provide needed direction to staff to meet patient care needs
- d.Understands and follows policies and procedures
- e.Ensures compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies and hospital policies
- Financial Management
- a.Monitors and analyzes assigned budgets and address variances with action plans
- b.Manages and meets productivity metrics and variances for The Emily Center, Patient Education and One Darn Cool School; monitors employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity
- c.Collaborates with the director on the financial resources and support provided by the foundation
- d.Identifies areas for cost containment and ensures expenses are managed
- e.Assists Director will operational and capital budget preparation
- Strategic Management
- a.Researches and develops best practice patient education approach that is measurable, outcome-driven, and evidence-based
- b.Collaborates with the director to develop and oversee long term strategic goals for assigned departments and services
- c.Assesses readiness for change; involves staff in change processes; communicates change; evaluates outcomes
- d.Collaborates and advocates with other departments to improve the environment and quality of services provided to pediatric patients and families.
- e.Supports a culture of innovation to drive change and improvement
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.