Seasonal Club Repair Associate
About the Job
BE - DO - TEACH AMAZING
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we are always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As the leading specialty golf retailer and one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we are dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization.
Reporting to the Services Supervisor, the Club Repair Associate works together with all retail store associates to provide our customers with an exceptional shopping experience. They partner with the Services Supervisor to resolve issues and continually improve the Club Repair Desk processes. Most importantly, they build on-going relationships with our customers.
Because living our Core Values is at the forefront of what we do, we PUT PEOPLE FIRST by investing in our associates that take care of our Customers!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (Full Time) - Day 1 eligibility
- (401K) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Work-Family Balance
- Associate Discount
- Committed to serving our communities, including Matching Gift Program for Associates
- First Tee Community Partnership
Key Responsibilities of the Club Repair Associate:
The Club Repair Associate's top priority is to ensure that every customer receives the best possible service experience. Other responsibilities include:
- Processing various retail transactions, such as returns, exchanges, gift cards, lesson redemptions, loyalty program awards, discounts, promotions, coupons, etc.
- Measuring lie and loft angles and making adjustments using specialized equipment.
- Measuring club height, weight, and shaft flex, and making equipment changes based on customer requests.
- Changing golf shafts, grips, and repairing broken heads.
- Completing Club Repair work orders accurately and prioritizing daily work.
- Identifying low-stock or out-of-stock items and supplies at the Club Repair Desk and notifying their Supervisor.
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintaining the Club Repair Desk and surrounding area in a clean, professional presentation at all times.
- Staying current with new golf technologies and ever-changing equipment features, and incorporating product knowledge into customer recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills Required for a Club Repair Associate:
- 2+ years in retail materials handling, club repair or similar experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb a ladder, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Flexibility to work a varied retail schedule: nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- GED or high school diploma.
Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis. PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.