Retail Supervisor (Soft Goods)
About the Job
Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager and/or General Manager, the Retail Soft Goods Supervisor has direct Supervision over their team in respected area. They are responsible for partnering with fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world class shopping experience
Because living our Core Values is at the forefront of what we do, we PUT PEOPLE FIRST by investing in our associates that take care of our Customers!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (Full Time) - Day 1 eligibility
- (401K) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Work-Family Balance - no early mornings or late nights
- Associate Discount - 25%
- Committed to serving our communities, including Matching Gift Program for Associates
- First Tee Community Partnership
Retail Supervisor Key Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the Assistant Store Manager, General Manager and other Supervisors to provide leadership and team building essentials to the associates by driving sales and customer service. They will assist in ensuring that sales are the number one priority while making sure that all customers are provided a world class shopping experience.
- Responsible for facilitating the ongoing development of his/her associates by making sure that they receive performance feedback and timely and effective training.
- Responsible for providing ongoing communication with the General Manager, Assistant Managers, and other Supervisors regarding opportunities to improve sales, merchandising, events, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure good in-stock levels and the execution of general inventory management practices by utilizing reports and communicating this findings with the Store Support Center.
- Responsible for maintain a clean and safe working environment for both customers and associates.
Retail Supervisor Requirements for consideration:
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience
- Solid Business Acumen with complete accountability to p/l management
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb a ladder, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Flexibility to work a varied retail schedule: nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- GED or high school diploma.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.