Retail Sup - Hard Goods / Golf Clubs
About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Because living our Core Values is at the forefront of what we do, we PUT PEOPLE FIRST by investing in our associates that take care of our Customers!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (Full Time) - Day 1 eligibility
- (401K) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Work-Family Balance
- Associate Discount
- Committed to serving our communities, including Matching Gift Program for Associates
- First Tee Community Partnership
Position Summary - Retail Hard Goods Supervisor
Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager and/or General Manager, the Hard Goods Supervisor has direct Supervision over their team in respected area. They are responsible for partnering with fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world class shopping experience
Overall Function of the Hard Goods Supervisor:
- Responsible for specific managerial responsibilities within his/her assigned areas.
- Responsible for maximizing sales in his/her area(s) and ensuring that standard operational procedures are implemented and operational processes are in place.
- The Supervisor position has a focus on identifying sales opportunities and implementing plans and strategies to drive sales while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Must be capable of motivating themselves and their respective team to accomplish these goals and objective with a high sense of urgency.
- The Supervisor position is designed to provide an interim step for a manager to learn key aspects of managing an area of the store while being part of the store leadership team.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Two plus years' experience leading teams with a focus on driving sales, creating a great customer experience and associate development
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb a ladder, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Flexibility to work a varied retail schedule: nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- GED or high school diploma.
Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis. PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.