Retail Sup / Department Mgr
About the Job
BE - DO - TEACH AMAZING
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we are always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As the leading specialty golf retailer and one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we are dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization.
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, the Supervisor in Training position is designed to provide an interim step for a Supervisor to learn key aspects of managing an area of the store while being part of the store leadership team. They are responsible for partnering with fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world class shopping experience.
Because living our Core Values is at the forefront of what we do, we PUT PEOPLE FIRST by investing in our associates that take care of our Customers!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits - Day 1 eligibility
- (401K) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Work-Family Balance - no early mornings or late nights
- 25% Associate Discount
- Committed to serving our communities, including Matching Gift Program for Associates
- First Tee Community Partnership
Overall Function / Key Responsibilities of the Retail Supervisor:
- Responsible for maximizing sales in his/her area(s) and ensuring that standard operational procedures are implemented, and operational processes are in place.
- The Supervisor position has a focus on identifying sales opportunities and implementing plans and strategies to drive sales while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Must be capable of motivating themselves and their respective team to accomplish these goals and objective with a high sense of urgency.
- Responsible for facilitating the ongoing development of his/her associates by making sure that they receive performance feedback and timely and effective training.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for both customers and associates.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- GED or high school diploma
- 2+ years' experience in sales, management, and associate development
- Flexibility to work a varied retail schedule: nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills and be ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Candidates must have strong strategic skills, be able to forecast business needs, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Strong organizational and intuitive skills to make sound decisions without direct supervision and properly allocate resources to meet objectives
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb a ladder, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.