Retail Sup (Department Mgr)
About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
We invest in the Retail Supervisors that take care of our Customers!
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision - DAY 1
- Health Spending / Savings Accounts
- Time Off Benefits
- Retirement (401K)
- PGATSS Associate Discount, Team Store Discount
- Matching Gift Program
- Community Partnerships
- Unbelievable Career Growth
- A FUN working environment focused on PEOPLE FIRST
Overall Function of the Retail Supervisor:
- Responsible for specific managerial responsibilities within his/her assigned areas.
- Responsible for maximizing sales in his/her area(s) and ensuring that standard operational procedures are implemented and operational processes are in place.
- The Supervisor position has a focus on identifying sales opportunities and implementing plans and strategies to drive sales while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Must be capable of motivating themselves and their respective team to accomplish these goals and objective with a high sense of urgency.
- The Supervisor position is designed to provide an interim step for a manager to learn key aspects of managing an area of the store while being part of the store leadership team.
Key Responsibilities of the Retail Supervisor
- Works directly with the Assistant Store Manager, General Manager and other Supervisors to provide leadership and team building essentials to the associates by driving sales and customer service. They will assist in ensuring that sales are the number one priority while making sure that all customers are provided a world class shopping experience.
- Responsible for facilitating the ongoing development of his/her associates by making sure that they receive performance feedback and timely and effective training.
- Responsible for providing ongoing communication with the General Manager, Assistant Managers, and other Supervisors regarding opportunities to improve sales, merchandising, events, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure good in-stock levels and the execution of general inventory management practices by utilizing reports and communicating this findings with the Store Support Center.
- Responsible for maintain a clean and safe working environment for both customers and associates.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, management and associate development preferred.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.