Retail Soft Goods Supervisor
About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization.
The Soft Goods Supervisor at PGA TOUR Superstore is responsible for partnering with fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world class shopping experience
We invest in the associates that take care of our Customers!
- Competitive Pay
- Time Off Benefits
- Retirement (401K)
- PGATSS Associate Discount, Team Store Discount
- Matching Gift Program
- Community Partnerships
- Career Growth
- A FUN working environment focused on PEOPLE FIRST
Key Responsibilities of a Soft Goods Supervisor:
- Works directly with the retail store leadership to provide team building essentials to the associates by driving sales and customer service. They will assist in ensuring that sales are the number one priority while making sure that all customers are provided a world class shopping experience.
- Responsible for facilitating the ongoing development of his/her associates by making sure that they receive performance feedback and timely and effective training.
- Responsible for providing ongoing communication with the General Manager, Assistant Managers, and other Supervisors regarding opportunities to improve sales, merchandising, events, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure good in-stock levels and the execution of general inventory management practices by utilizing reports and communicating this finding with the Store Support Center.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for both customers and associates.
Qualifications and Skills Required for a Soft Goods Supervisor:
- Two+ years of experience in sales, management and associate development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives along with sound decision making without direct supervision.
- G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, climb a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule - nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.