Mgr in Training (MIT) - Retail
About the Job
BE - DO - TEACH AMAZING
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we are always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As the leading specialty golf retailer and one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we are dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization.
Because living our Core Values is at the forefront of what we do, we PUT PEOPLE FIRST by investing in our associates that take care of our Customers! As an Manager in Training (MIT) you're eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (Full Time) - Day 1 eligibility
- (401K) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Work-Family Balance
- Associate Discount
- Committed to serving our communities, including Matching Gift Program for Associates
- First Tee Community Partnership
Key Responsibilities of our retail Manager in Training (MIT):
- Responsible for ensuring that retail store operations and service programs are consistently implemented, and processes and procedures are executed.
- Responsible for maximizing retail store sales and profitability by ensuring that all service programs are providing a high level of customer satisfaction and through controlling expenses that are related to operations.
- Accountable for implementing procedures that reduce inventory shrinkage while working on modeling the PGA TOUR Superstore core values. This position is essential to the cultivation of our customers and development of our associates. They accomplish these goals by developing store objectives and leading a team of associates in executing those strategies.
- Must have strong business acumen and a comprehensive knowledge of a retail business and be able to use this knowledge to formulate goals and objectives. They must also be capable of motivating his/herself and their team to accomplish these goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers ensuring that customers are greeted and acknowledged: offers customers assistance as needed or requested.
- Provides leadership, direction and advice to staff to promote efficient delivery of sales, services and operational programs. Establishes and communicates company initiatives, goals and objectives, sets clear expectations and measures and monitors progress and results.
- Creates a climate within the store in which staff is motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; and creates a feeling of belonging within the team.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience in a retail or hospitality leadership role (Assistant General Manager, Assistant Store Manager, AGM)
- G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule and stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis. PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.