Golf Club Repair
About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Reporting to the Services Supervisor, the Club Repair Associate works together with all store associates to provide our customers with an exceptional shopping experience. They partner with the Services Supervisor to resolve issues and continually improve the Club Repair Desk processes. Most importantly, they build on-going relationships with our customers.
Overall Function of this Position:
- Works with our customers to make equipment modifications to improve their game.
- Make recommendations based on the customer's goals and make the physical changes to the clubs.
- Re-grip and repair damaged clubs as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable about all golf club programs and promotions and assist customer wanting to purchase clubs and accessories.
The Club Repair Associate's top priority is to ensure that every customer receives the best possible service experience. Other responsibilities include:
- Verifying his/her till at the beginning of each shift and balancing the till at the end of every shift.
- Identifying each item correctly and entering it accurately into the register.
- Processing various Front End transactions, such as returns, exchanges, gift cards, lesson redemptions, loyalty program awards, discounts, promotions, coupons, etc.
- Ensuring every customer observed within 10 feet is greeted within 30 seconds.
- Measuring lie and loft angles and making adjustments using specialized equipment.
- Measuring club height, weight, and shaft flex, and making equipment changes based on customer requests.
- Changing golf shafts, grips, and repairing broken heads.
- Completing Club Repair work orders accurately and prioritizing daily work.
- Identifying low-stock or out-of-stock items and supplies at the Club Repair Desk and notifying their Supervisor.
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintaining the Club Repair Desk and surrounding area in a clean, professional presentation at all times.
- Staying current with new golf technologies and ever-changing equipment features, and incorporating product knowledge into customer recommendations.
- Working with other area associates as needed to cover the sales floor and assist customers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Communication: Good listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must communicate well with other associates, read receiving documents, and record discrepancies.
- Analytical: Candidates must have good math and process skills. They must be able to follow detailed procedures, differentiate between similar items and problem-solve receiving issues until resolved.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to file receiving documents, prioritize work, process various forms, and move boxes efficiently through the work area.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: One to Two (1-2) years in retail materials handling or similar experience preferred.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.