Golf Club Repair Associate
About the Job
KNOWLEDGE. PASSION. INSPIRATION
Reporting to the Services Supervisor, the Club Repair Associate works together with all retail store associates to provide our customers with an exceptional shopping experience. They partner with the Services Supervisor to resolve issues and continually improve the Club Repair Desk processes. Most importantly, they build on-going relationships with our customers.
Overall Function of the Club Repair Associate:
- Works with retail customers on equipment modifications
- Provides recommendations based on the customer's goals and make the physical changes to the clubs.
- Re-grip and repair damaged clubs as needed.
Benefits of a Club Repair Associate:
- Competitive Pay
- Time Off Benefits
- Retirement (401K)
- PGATSS Associate Discount, Team Store Discount
- Matching Gift Program
- Community Partnerships
- Career Growth
- A FUN working environment focused on PEOPLE FIRST
Key Responsibilities of the Club Repair Associate:
The Club Repair Associate's top priority is to ensure that every customer receives the best possible service experience. Other responsibilities include:
- Processing various retail transactions, such as returns, exchanges, gift cards, lesson redemptions, loyalty program awards, discounts, promotions, coupons, etc.
- Measuring lie and loft angles and making adjustments using specialized equipment.
- Measuring club height, weight, and shaft flex, and making equipment changes based on customer requests.
- Changing golf shafts, grips, and repairing broken heads.
- Completing Club Repair work orders accurately and prioritizing daily work.
- Identifying low-stock or out-of-stock items and supplies at the Club Repair Desk and notifying their Supervisor.
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintaining the Club Repair Desk and surrounding area in a clean, professional presentation at all times.
- Staying current with new golf technologies and ever-changing equipment features, and incorporating product knowledge into customer recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills Required for a Club Repair Associate:
- G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- 2+ years in retail materials handling, club repair or similar experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up a ladder, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule - nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.