About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Reporting to the Soft Goods Supervisor, the Soft Goods Sales Associate works together with all store associates and the
management team to champion the PGA TOUR Superstore 'Customer First' philosophy by providing a world-class shopping experience to each and every customer. They help execute key company initiatives and programs designed to continually improve our merchandise selection and services offerings to our customers. Sales Associates execute the creative vision and merchandising style of our company. They maximize sales by keeping their areas in stock, properly signed and merchandised, and following all operations processes. They expand their industry knowledge by learning about our products from our vendors, industry websites, and other associates.
The Soft Goods Associate's top priority is to ensure that every customer receives the best possible shopping experience. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring every customer observed within 10 feet is greeted within 30 seconds.
- Merchandising and signing their areas to create and maintain visual merchandising consistency throughout the store.
- Replenishing merchandise stock from incoming freight shipments as soon as possible to maximize the customer's selection.
- Identifying low-stock or out-of-stock items and notifying management.
- Investigating customer requests for items we do not carry and passing the information to their supervisor.
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintaining a high level of product and industry knowledge by learning about new technologies, products, and services to pass on to our customers.
- Completing work lists and bulletins directives on a timely basis.
- Walking their area(s) daily to correct issues and suggest improvements to their supervisor.
- Maintaining a clean and safe shopping environment.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Knowledge: Basic product knowledge of apparel, footwear, tennis or tennis racquet stringing.
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and communicate well with other associates to execute company initiatives.
- Analytical: Candidates must have good business skills and be able to develop solutions to common problems.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to accomplish several tasks throughout their shifts while taking care of customers.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Two to three (2-3) years of retail sales experience, with at least one (1) year in retail apparel, footwear or tennis preferred.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.