AP Spec - Exception Processing
About the Job
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Reporting to the AP Supervisor of Expense, Special Order & Ecommerce, the AP Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely payment of assigned vendors and the associated vendor relations to ensure timely payments. Overall, they utilize strong business acumen and knowledge required to support the exception processing associated with Accounts Payable transactions.
We invest in the associates that take care of our Customers!
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision - DAY 1
- Health Spending / Savings Accounts
- Time Off Benefits
- Retirement (401K)
- PGATSS Associate Discount, Team Store Discount
- Matching Gift Program
- Community Partnerships
- Unbelievable Career Growth
- A FUN working environment focused on PEOPLE FIRST
AP Specialist Key Responsibilities:
- Process invoices timely and accurately for Expenses, Critical services, Special Orders and Ecommerce daily in SAP and Coupa.
- Maintain high productivity levels of invoice processing.
- Review supplier statements for past due activity. Request and process those past due invoices and credit memos as needed.
- Follow up on pending requests so they don't age over 30 days without resolution.
- Extensive interaction with departments and suppliers to completely resolve invoicing and payment problems.
- Provide timely and professional responses to all phone calls and emails.
- Participates in projects as assigned by AP Supervisor in support of AP objectives.
- Compiles and provides feedback to AP Supervisor for improving processes and updating policies if associate sees opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for timely reporting to supervisors with regards to weekly productivity, recurrent department or supplier issues and supplier statement status.
AP Specialist Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience in a finance or payables related position.
- Retail and exception processing, highly preferred
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Must possess good verbal, written and visual communication skills. Must feel comfortable communicating through phone calls, emails and in-person presentations.
- Analytical : Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Computer: Strong Microsoft Excel skills, excellent ERP financial system knowledge and basic MS Office skills.
- Organization: Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously - prioritize and complete requests in an efficient manner. Attention to detail is a must
- Cultural: Self-Directed: Must be assertive and eager to grow in an extremely fast-paced organization. Must be able to work independently to solve business issues with some direction as requested and be self-motivated
Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time as the job is completed primarily at a desk each day. Variable desk heights are offered so alternatively sitting and/or standing at the desk is optional.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.