Does your dog have a closet full of clothes? Is your cat so cool he needs to wear shades? We call that “petcentricity”! If you enjoy making pets look adorable and smell irresistible, then come work in our neighborhood!
*Hiring location is offering up to a $3,000 sign-on bonus for experienced hires!*
As a Groomer at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your workday, you will:
- get nose kisses from a neighbor’s wet golden retriever
- see excitement and opportunity when you look into a shih tzu’s ear canal
- make a former shelter resident look like a dashing, dapper schnauzer again
- help a terrier look like a poodle because that’s what the neighbor asked for
…all while engaging with our neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you a superhero with a flea comb and a slicker brush? No, you are more than that. You are PAWsome!
Groomer key responsibilities include:
- Delighting neighbors and pets with grooming services, like brushing, bathing, and conditioning.
- Grooming and styling pets per owners’ instruction and/or according to breed standards.
- Always ensuring the wellness and safety of furry patrons.
- Developing long-term relationships with pet parents by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that will keep their pet healthy and happy.
- Community outreach to attract new neighbors into our store.
- Successfully completing Safety Training certification.
- Performing routine cleaning to keep the grooming environment fun and inviting.
- Assisting store team members during grooming downtime.
PAWsome Groomer candidates will have:
- A High school diploma or GED.
- 1-year or more of grooming experience with formal training certification and/or experience under an established certified groomer.
- 1-year of experience in retail or other service industry where they’ve provided top notch service.
- Ability to move or lift merchandise, equipment or pets weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to provide your own equipment (clippers/blades/scissors/etc.)
- Flexibility in working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Candidates must pass the drug screening (in applicable states) and be 18 years or older.
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With 650 locations in 40 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 20 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2022 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.