Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Jira and Confluence Administrator/Developer to join our program team. Our program team is focused on the delivery of IT technology solutions through a streamlined and seamless development, implementation, and communication experience.
This position will be responsible for the overall development, management and innovation of the programs Jira and Confluence platforms. The job of the Jira and Confluence Administrator is to build on the current strengths of the program management and agile methodologies currently in use within the customer environment.
The ideal candidate will work with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other program partners and contractors to build and maintain the collaboration platform to help power our agile project management environment.
The candidate must be able to work well within the program team, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable presenting and facilitating, building, and responding to both short- and long-term projects, deliverables, and plans.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities involving the Jira/Confluence application platforms. Manages custom fields, screens within Jira, and integration of Jira with secondary ticketing platforms to include ServiceNow. Manages spaces within Confluence. Provides configuration management, including hardware, software, and resource management for Jira and Confluence.
- Manage the overall integrated agile environment to meet the customer needs including leadership, oversight, implementation and ongoing development of the Jira and Confluence, and other related agile and software platforms
- Mentor staff and Train end-users.
- Provide ongoing assessment, analysis, and continuous improvement to the agile environment to elevate program effectiveness and efficiencies towards customer and contract goals
- Document systems, processes and decisions within the Jira and agile environment
- Hands on experience leading cleanup and refinement initiatives to increase system functionality and usability
- Maintain and manage projects, boards, workflows, tasks/issues, permissions, and users including setting permissions and maintaining security for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces
- Develop, manage, facilitate, and deliver training on Jira and related agile platforms to program staff, customer, and others to continuously advance workflow sophistication, efficiencies, and effectiveness
- Facilitate performance improvement planning, scrums, sprints etc. for multiple projects
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility, rolling out across the program and teams as needed
- Advance JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, and fields to be more user friendly and visually appealing, increasing innovation, use and legibility for project managers, customer, and other stakeholders
- develop and demonstrate best practices, bringing innovation and advancements to the program and customer agile and communication environments
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style
- Oversee multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines, remaining responsible and flexible to customer and team needs while setting priorities and managing expectations
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user facing documentation.
- Resolve issues as they arise with JIRA Projects and Confluence in coordination with other admins, partner teams, Atlassian premier support and TAMs.
- Direct experience with the Atlassian product suite, with focus on JIRA and Confluence for project/application administration
- Dashboard creation and management
- Confidence in proposing new ideas, using analytical skills, presenting to key stakeholders, and receiving feedback is important
- Experience working on project initiatives and campaigns within an overall program and communications strategy is valuable
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work flexibly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills critical
- Familiar with developing JIRA workflows, customization, and integrations to support management
- Proficient in Project Setups, Components, JIRA Reporting, Report Filters and Dashboard creation
- Desire and willingness to train others
- US Citizenship
- Preferred: 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- DoD TS clearance with SCI-eligibility; TS/SCI preferred