Market Development Manager
About the Job
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay's, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we're dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings 's entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
Rooted in PepsiCo's "Power of One" principles, PepsiCo Foodservice leverages the scale and breadth of the corporation's brands to provide a unified voice to its customers and deliver competitive advantage in the fast-growing foodservice and vending channels.
What's Your Role?
The Market Development Manager (MDM) for Food Service will be responsible for account management responsibilities associated with assigned Food Service accounts. Overall duties include participation in annual planning, business reviews (QBP Process), reporting and trade management and account administration.
This role will also require strong project/time management skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills to handle multiple priorities and objectives aimed at meeting annual growth targets for assigned customers. Customers for this segment may include: Broad line and Vending Distributors, Cash and Carry Wholesalers, Restaurants, Colleges and Universities, Hospitals, Business and Industry, Recreation and Education accounts.
- Represent PepsiCo portfolio (Frito Lay, Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Naked Juice, IZZE, and Sabra) of brands at customer
- Position will be responsible for delivering annual growth plan targets, trade spend and achieving division key performance indexes (KPI's)
- Identify new business development opportunities within their territory
- On-going analysis and review of business trends to identify gaps to plan and execution
- Lead Annual Operating Plan & Forecast process, collaborating with Finance, Area Sales Manager and Region Director
- Make regular buyer calls, identify customer needs/priorities and creating fact-based selling presentations
- Ensure customer maintains a strategic product mix through SKU optimization -- both new item sell-in and/or SKU reduction
- The role will negotiate contracts and programming within their distributors. The MDM will identify, understand and analyze their customer's opportunities and needs. This person will proactively build high quality relationships at all levels (senior leadership, sales, marketing, procurement, finance and operations) within the distributor/customer. This role will own the relationship with large key operator customers and region accounts.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 4+ years of sales experience; preferably with a consumer packaged goods organization
- Foodservice and/or Distributor Experience Preferred
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Seasoned in conflict management
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Power Point)
- Solid understanding of financials including P&L impact of sales decisions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Proven leadership capability with a track record of influencing large multi-level teams
- Commitment and ability to succeed within a fast paced organization
- Self-Starter, ability and desire to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business issues
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability