Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a part of our Project Management team, you will be responsible and accountable for PDS (Pharmaceutical Development Service) projects in respect to PDS Project Management Supervisor.
You will be responsible to meet customer and business expectations by bringing multiple projects to completion according to agreed timelines and financial planning.
- Handling of multiple tasks within the assigned projects at the same time, and of multiple customer’s requests in the expected timeline with high quality results
- Host and manage customers’ visits and prepare presentations for the event (including but not limited to Kick offs)
- Write the minutes of the meetings and teleconferences
- Facilitate the progress of the project activities
- Provide support to keep project timelines within the project plans agreed with customers
- Provide support to manage customer satisfaction and to project tasks where needed, facilitating communication flow and exchange of information within project teams.
- Facilitate positive interactions among team members and manage conflicts
- Update project and billing plans on database platform
- Support finance by projects billing
- Archive the project documentation.
- Draft the proposal for Changes of Scopes & Project expansions based guidelines from technical teams.
- Supports quotation team in the generation of proposals for technical changes and in response to customer requests for additional services.
BA or MS in Chemistry/ Pharmacy/ Biological Sciences or similar
PhD is desirable but not mandatory
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and of Internet
Pharmaceutical/Scientific background is mandatory- preferably experience in R&D department
4-5 years in technical field or in a related area (Pharmaceutical Development, Clinical trials Manufacture, Commercial Manufacture, Project Management, Financial awareness, Customer contact)
Italian and English fluent, an additional language would be a plus
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Problem solving, decision making, negotiation and influencing capacity
- Customer and result orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: active listening, effective message delivery, empathy, proactive attitude
- Ability to motivate
- Show strong attitude to leadership and communication
- Understands quotations process
- Represents site interests in negotiations of technical aspects and proposals.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner