Retail Team Leader
About the Job
Retail Team Leader
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to Retail Store General Manager
WHO YOU ARE
All teams need a strong leader. As Retail Team Leader, you maintain an environment that promotes employee learning and customer service through encouragement and coaching. You help to identify the priorities of each day, delegate necessary tasks and train Customer Experience Guides. You partner with the General Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure operational and brand objectives are met even in their absence.
YOU ARE AN ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST.
- You utilize all allotted environmental-activism hours.
- You facilitate and encourage activism for team members.
- You educate your team on environmental campaigns and local initiatives.
- You identify opportunities for store sustainability and collaboration with
YOU LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND ACTIVELY COACH.
- You serve as a role model and coach for the team by identifying and delegating daily priorities.
- You maintain positive relationships with management, team members and
- You keep lines of communication open among management and team members by ensuring that expectations are upheld and objectives are met.
- You assist in training and development of all team members, and foster an environment of continued learning.
- You identify growth opportunities for team members and partner with management to address them.
- You open and close the store, including securing all assets.
YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT BOUND BY CONVENTION.
- You empower the staff to offer outstanding service through consistent personal example and encouragement.
- You offer proactive coaching (both constructive and complimentary) to continually elevate customer service.
YOU ARE ACTION-ORIENTED, TAKE INITIATIVE AND DELEGATE.
- You partner with the Visual Merchandiser to identify and execute regular priorities.
- You ensure optimal inventory levels on the sales floor.
YOU VALUE AND DEMONSTRATE QUALITY IN ALL THAT YOU DO.
- You ensure the safety and well-being of all customers and employees.
- You assist management in the hiring of people who pursue passions that are related to our products and philosophy.
YOU ARE A LIFE-LONG LEARNER.
YOU CONSISTENTLY EXECUTE ALL DUTIES OF A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE GUIDE.
WHO WE ARE
"We're in business to save our home planet."
Build the Best Product
In retail, our best product is the world-class service we offer our customers. We create amazing and memorable experiences that leave our customers feeling stoked.
Cause No Unnecessary Harm
Our stores are intended to be gifts to the community. We renovate old buildings into storefronts using low-impact practices and materials. In addition, our retail stores, working with our Worn Wear program, extend the life of customers' old gear by repairing, reselling or recycling it.
Use Business to Protect Nature
Our stores serve their communities. We strive for deep connections to the people, places, and issues that are relevant there. We are vocal activists for protecting outdoor spaces. Our stores support local environmental groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events that provide a platform to share and engage in activism.
Not Bound by Convention
Retail changes every day. We welcome and embrace change as it inspires us to create new ways to serve our customers. Every retail employee is empowered to make autonomous decisions in line with our mission and values.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We want candidates with proven service experience who thrive in a team-based atmosphere. We're seeking people who are passionate about their communities, the environment and caring for others. We need people who participate in and appreciate our core sports. Folks who deal well with ambiguity, learn on the fly, demonstrate sound judgment and solve problems creatively are most successful with us. We're looking for someone who builds and maintains relationships with ease and desires to put the customer at the center of everything they do.
- Demonstrates an approachable leadership presence and can prioritize, delegate and coach a team.
- Excited to uncover and foster the development of team members for the betterment of the business.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
Our stores are open seven days a week. You must be available to work a minimum of one weekend day, one opening shift and one closing shift per week. You must report to work on time or provide notification in advance if absent or late.
Patagonia provides employees with a robust benefits package (unique to each role) that may include environmental internships, free health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, an alternative commute reimbursement program, leaves of absence, employee discounts, complimentary product, 401k match and much more.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.