Surgical Tech OR Certified
About the Job
$2500.00 Sign on Bonus
***No nights, No holidays, No weekends***
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Surgical Tech OR Certified opening with Park Central Surgical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Park Central Surgical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
We are seeking a Surgical Tech OR Certified for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Certified Surgical Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with the Association of Surgical Technologists
- Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
- Assist in the turnover of the operating room suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
- Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
- Surgical Tech Certification
- One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Medical City Surgery Center | Park Central is a HCA affiliated multispecialty facility. We serve the North Dallas population. We perform over 600 procedures monthly. Services in colon rectal, gastroenterology, gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, ENT, pediatrics, plastics, podiatry, and urology procedures are available. Our center has high scores in patient safety, physician and employee satisfaction
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Tech OR Certified opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.