Reports To: Operations Manager or General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: Pardee Service Experts
Location Address: 1952 Belgrade Ave, Charleston SC 29407
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Supervises technicians and helpers who are installing, maintaining, and servicing residential HVAC equipment and accessories. Oversees daily work and ensures adequate staffing to meet customer needs, assists technicians with unusual or difficult assignments, trains and coaches employees, ensures that safety rules and practices are followed, and conducts quality-control checks on completed work. As needed due to staffing and customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work. Work is performed under the direction of the General Manager.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner
- Reviews and monitor upcoming work to be performed in order to schedule and assign technicians and/or crews to maximize productivity and to meet the needs of the customer.
- Conducts regular meetings with technicians and helpers on such matters as reviewing past performance and areas of concern; conducting training on lead generation; customer service, and company products and services; reinforcing safety rules and practices, and current and future goals and objectives.
- Assists technicians with major, unusual or difficult assignments and/or problems. Conducts quality-control review of assessments of completed work performed to ensure work is performed in accordance with company practices and processes, expected workmanship, and efficiency and effectiveness.
- Trains employees on technical skills, company processes and procedures, and safety rules and practices.
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Represent the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Ensures that the company vehicles are properly stocked, that defective warranty parts are returned to the Branch and that vehicle standard stock is ordered/replenished as needed. As needed, completes material requisition forms and other related administrative activities.
- Demonstrates leadership to the field staff in the areas of customer focus and customer service; following company policies, procedures, and processes; safety rules, procedures, and practices; and the implementation of company initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to the sales staff on technical issues regarding products and services.
- Assists the Branch Manager with administrative tasks and other duties as needed or assigned.
- As needed to meet customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training in HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Five years’ experience servicing or installing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Demonstrated basic leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in technical skills and effective customer service.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in servicing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and blueprints as well as troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on residential HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts and pulleys on all residential systems with no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Advance skills in troubleshooting and repairing electronic air cleaners, refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, humidifiers, and related equipment with no supervision.
- Ability to calculate heat gain and loss on residential buildings using approved methods.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas.
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.